maintenance and search tools for a Xapian index of Debian packages
DescriptionThis package provides update-apt-xapian-index, a tool to maintain a Xapian index of Debian package information in /var/lib/apt-xapian-index, and axi-cache, a command line search tool that uses the index. axi-cache allows one to search packages very quickly, and it also interfaces with the shell command line completion in a smart way, providing context-sensitive keyword and tag suggestions even before the search command is actually run. update-apt-xapian-index allows plugins to be installed in /usr/share/apt-xapian-index to index all sorts of extra information, such as Debtags tags, popcon information, package ratings and anything else that would fit. The index generated by update-apt-xapian-index is self-documenting, as it contains an autogenerated README file with information on the index layout and all the data that can be found in it.
22574 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.50 (Information last updated about 8 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".