tool to enable powersaving mode for Athlon/Duron processors
Descriptionathcool is a small utility for enabling/disabling Powersaving mode for AMD Athlon/Duron processors. By enabling Powersaving mode you can lower power consumption and CPU temperature when the CPU is idle. Powersaving works only if your kernel supports ACPI (APM does not work), because athcool does only (un)set the "Disconnect enable when STPGNT detected" bits in the Chipset's Northbridge. To really save power, the STPGNT signal has to be sent when the CPU is idling. This is done by the ACPI subsystem when C2 state entered. !!!WARNING!!! Depending on your motherboard and/or hardware components, enabling Athlon powersaving mode sometimes causes:
* noisy or distorted sound playback,
* a slowdown in harddisk performance,
* system locks or instability,
* massive corruption of the filesystem (observed at least once).If you met those problems, you should not use athcool. Please use athcool AT YOUR OWN RISK. If athcool works fine for you, and you want it to run automatically on startup, please read the /usr/share/doc/athcool/README.Debian file.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".