gene prediction in eukaryotic genomes
DescriptionAUGUSTUS is a software for gene prediction in eukaryotic genomic sequences that is based on a generalized hidden Markov model (HMM), a probabilistic model of a sequence and its gene structure. After learning gene structures from a reference annotation, AUGUSTUS uses the HMM to recognize genes in a new sequence and annotates it with the regions of identified genes. External hints, e.g. from RNA sequencing, EST or protein alignments etc. can be used to guide and improve the gene finding process. The result is the set of most likely gene structures that comply with all given user constraints, if such gene structures exist. AUGUSTUS already includes prebuilt HMMs for many species, as well as scripts to train custom models using annotated genomes.
366 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 3.3+dfsg-2 (Information last updated 2 days ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".