free molecular modeling and molecular graphics tool
DescriptionBALLView provides fast OpenGL-based visualization of molecular structures, molecular mechanics methods (minimization, MD simulation using the AMBER, CHARMM, and MMFF94 force fields), calculation and visualization of electrostatic properties (FDPB) and molecular editing features. BALLView can be considered a graphical user interface on the basis of BALL (Biochemical Algorithms Library) with a focus on the most common demands of protein chemists and biophysicists in particular. It is developed in the groups of Hans-Peter Lenhof (Saarland University, Saarbruecken, Germany) and Oliver Kohlbacher (University of Tuebingen, Germany). BALL is an application framework in C++ that has been specifically designed for rapid software development in Molecular Modeling and Computational Molecular Biology. It provides an extensive set of data structures as well as classes for Molecular Mechanics, advanced solvation methods, comparison and analysis of protein structures, file import/export, and visualization.
2421 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.4.3~beta1-4 (Information last updated about 15 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".