Blixem is an interactive browser of sequence alignments that have been
stacked up in a "master-slave" multiple alignment; it is not a 'true'
multiple alignment but a 'one-to-many' alignment.
* Overview section showing the positions of genes and alignments around
the alignment window
* Detail section showing the actual alignment of protein or nucleotide
sequences to the genomic DNA sequence.
* View alignments against both strands of the reference sequence.
* View sequences in nucleotide or protein mode; in protein mode, Blixem
will display the three-frame translation of the reference sequence.
* Residues are highlighted in different colours depending on whether
they are an exact match, conserved substitution or mismatch.
* Gapped alignments are supported, with insertions and deletions being
highlighted in the match sequence.
* Matches can be sorted and filtered.
* SNPs and other variations can be highlighted in the reference
* Poly(A) tails can be displayed and poly(A) signals highlighted in the
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything. Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on… Install blixem