SETI@home application for the BOINC client
DescriptionSETI@home is a distributed computing project using Internet-connected computers for the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI). It searches for possible evidence of extraterrestrial intelligence in radio transmissions collected by the Arecibo radio telescope. This package contains the SETI@home Enhanced application for the BOINC distributed computing platform. The BOINC client downloads the radio data which the SETI@home application analyzes looking for signals of extraterrestrial origin. Results are then send back to the SETI@home server by the BOINC client. Note that this package has been primarily created for users of architectures for which SETI@home does not provide its application. If your architecture is x86 or AMD64 the BOINC client automatically downloads the latest SETI@home application if you participate in this project. There is no need to install this package then, except for it to take all technical hurdles from you to have your very custom SETI patch or new compiler flags evaluated. The configuration of BOINC to find the local SETI binary is all performed by the package. This package only provides command line application. The boinc-app-seti-graphics package provides graphic application.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".