Based on the C.a.R. (Compass and Ruler) project, CaRMetal includes
all of its functionalities - or almost. It propose a different approach
from the graphical interface point of view.
- Ruler and compass constructions can be changed by dragging one of the
basic construction points. The construction follows immediately. The
student can check the correctness of the construction and gain new
- Tracks of points and animated constructions can help to understand
geometric relations. Tracks can be used as new objects to explore.
- With the macros of C.a.R. very complicated constructions become
possible. Macros are also a way to organize the geometric thinking.
- Hiding construction details and using colors make constructions
clearer to read. In C.a.R. lines and circles can also be reduced to the
- Arithmetic computations, numerical solutions, curves and functions
go beyond classical constructions. It is even possible to construct in 3D
using advanced macros.
- Other geometries, hyperbolic or elliptic, can be explored.
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything. Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on… Install carmetal