programming language adapted to the manipulation of XML data
DescriptionCDuce is a modern programming language adapted to the manipulation of XML documents. Some of CDuce's peculiar features:
- XML objects can be manipulated as first-class citizen values:
elements, sequences, tags, characters and strings, attribute sets;
sequences of XML elements can be specified by regular expressions,
which also apply to characters strings;
- functions themselves are first-class values, they can be
manipulated, stored in data structure, returned by a function,...;
- a powerful pattern matching operation can perform complex
extractions from sequences of XML elements;
- a rich type algebra, with recursive types and arbitrary boolean
combinations (union, intersection, complement) allows precise
definitions of data structures and XML types; general purpose
types and types constructors are taken seriously (products,
extensible records, arbitrary precision integers with interval
constraints, Unicode characters);
- polymorphism through a natural notion of subtyping, and overloaded
functions with dynamic dispatch; - an highly-effective type-driven
compilation schema.CDuce is fast, functional, type-safe, and conforms to basic standards: Unicode, XML, DTD, Namespaces are fully supported, partial support of XML Schema validation is in alpha testing (and undocumented) while queries are being implemented.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".