chiark system administration utilities
DescriptionThis package contains a number of small administration scripts used by chiark.greenend.org.uk and other systems belonging to the Sinister Greenend Organisation. Currently featuring only: with-lock-ex: a simple tool for acquiring a lockfile before running another program or script. summer: a tool for reporting complete details about a filesystem tree in a parseable format, including checksums. xbatmon-simple: a very simple X client for displaying battery charge status. xduplic-copier: a very simple X client for typing into multiple windows at once. watershed: a utility for saving on superfluous executions of an idempotent command. (This is the same utility as shipped separately in Ubuntu's udev, but with slightly different defaults and a different install location.) rcopy-repeatedly: a utility for repeatedly copying a file from one host to another, to keep a copy constantly up to date. acctdump: for reading process accounting files. summer and watershed require the installation of the Recommended crypto libraries; xbatmon-simple needs the Suggested X libraries.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".