Doom engines closely-compatible with Vanilla Doom
DescriptionChocolate Doom aims to accurately reproduce the original DOS version of Doom and other games based on the Doom engine in a form that can be run on modern computers. Unlike most modern Doom engines, Chocolate Doom is not derived from the Boom source port and does not inherit its features (or bugs). Chocolate Doom is a port of Id Software's 1993 game "Doom" that is designed to behave as similar to the original DOS version of Doom as is possible. Chocolate Doom requires game data to play. Free game data is available in the freedm package. Commercial game data can be packaged using "game-data-packager". Chocolate Doom supports all flavors of Doom, including The Ultimate Doom, Doom 2 and Final Doom as well as Chex(R) Quest, HACX and FreeDM.
84179 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 3.0.0-4 (Information last updated about 19 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".