enhanced version of dd for forensics and security
Descriptiondcfldd was initially developed at Department of Defense Computer Forensics Lab (DCFL). This tool is based on the dd program with the following additional features:
- Hashing on-the-fly: dcfldd can hash the input data as it is being
transferred, helping to ensure data integrity.
- Status output: dcfldd can update the user of its progress in terms of the
amount of data transferred and how much longer operation will take.
- Flexible disk wipes: dcfldd can be used to wipe disks quickly and with a
known pattern if desired.
- Image/wipe verify: dcfldd can verify that a target drive is a bit-for-bit
match of the specified input file or pattern.
- Multiple outputs: dcfldd can output to multiple files or disks at the same
- Split output: dcfldd can split output to multiple files with more
configurability than the split command.
- Piped output and logs: dcfldd can send all its log data and output to
commands as well as files natively.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".