ramified catalog of available commands
DescriptionDebian GNU/Linux provides thousands upon daunting thousands of commands. Sorting them into broad classes then dividing and redividing them into finer, more specific branches, the Debram ramifies Debian's commands in much the same manner as a university library ramifies its books. If you know what you want your computer to do but do not yet know the command to do it, you can find the command here. (The Debram package used also -- indeed mainly -- to include a much larger and more important ramification of Debian *packages,* along with a browsing tool; but Debtags has superseded Debram in those respects. What the Debram package still includes however is the Command Selection Guide, which though somewhat outdated may still be of use.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".