Convert Microsoft OOXML files to plain text
Descriptiondocx2txt is a tool that attempts to generate equivalent (ASCII) text files from Microsoft .docx documents, preserving some formatting and document information (which MS text conversion drops) along with appropriate character conversions for a good (ASCII) text experience. It is a platform independent solution consisting of (core) Perl and (wrapper) Unix/Windows shell scripts and a configuration file to control the output text appearance to fair extent. It can very conveniently be used to build a Web based docx document conversion service. Some Makefiles and Windows batch files are provided for easy installation of the scripts. With unzippers like CakeCmd that can deal with corrupt Zip archives, this tool can extract text from corrupt docx documents in many cases, where MS word processor fails to even open them.
2930 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.4-2 (Information last updated about 17 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".