small firewall script for your dom0
DescriptionIf running in a production environment, you might want to have a basic firewall running on your dom0 to avoid having DoS attack. This is not the state-of-the-art, but just another attempt to make things a bit more smooth. Comments and contribution are more than welcome! The main principle of this firewall script is to rate limit connections to both your dom0 and your VPSes. It's principle is NOT block any connection. For example, dtc-xen-firewall denies ssh for 300 seconds after 10 attempts on your dom0, rate limit ping to 5 per seconds on your dom0 and to 50/s globally for all your VPS, and does the same kind of thing for SYN flood attacks. Take care, it also blocks any connection to the port 25, as in a normal dom0, you would install a mail server to send system messages to the administrators, but you don't want to accept any incoming message.
964 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.5.17-1.2 (Information last updated about 16 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".