estimate PCR barcode primers quality
DescriptionDNA barcoding is a tool for characterizing the species origin using a short sequence from a standard position and agreed upon position in the genome. To be used as a DNA barcode, a genome locus should vary among individuals of the same species only to a minor degree and it should vary among species very quickly. From a practical point of view, a barcode locus should be ﬂanked by two conserved regions to design PCR primers. Several manually discovered barcode loci like COI, rbcL, 18S, 16S and 23S rDNA, or trnH-ps are routinely used today, but no objective function has been described to measure their quality in terms of universality (barcode coverage, Bc ) or in terms of taxonomical discrimination capacity (barcode speciﬁcity, Bs ). ecoPCR is an electronic PCR software developed by LECA and Helix-Project. It helps to estimate Barcode primers quality. In conjunction with OBITools you can postprocess ecoPCR output to compute barcode coverage and barcode speciﬁcity. New barcode primers can be developed using the ecoPrimers software
896 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.0.0+dfsg-1 (Information last updated about 22 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".