Software package for astronomical image processing
DescriptionThis software package provides independent binary programs (so called tasks) which performs various steps of astronomical image reduction and data processing. These tasks are designed for execution from a UNIX command line shell or shell script. Each of these tasks performs a specific operation (e.g. transforming an image to another reference frame, search and identifiy stars or other point-like sources, do photometry, transform/display a FITS image to a popular graphics format, ...) while the details of a certain operation are specified via command switches and arguments. Therefore this package does not need any higher level operating environment than a standard UNIX shell, however, processing the related data might require a little more knowledge of the used shell itself. If you find this program useful in your research, please cite 2012MNRAS.421.1825P as "2012, MNRAS, 421, 1825". See also the web page of the project, found at http://fitsh.net/. That page gathers information about the program (including documentation and examples), this is the primary download source of the package itself, and additionally, serves a public forum for the program users in various topics. Bug reports, comments and ideas are welcomed!
1273 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.9.2-1+b1 (Information last updated about 8 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".