OpenType fonts based on URW Fonts
DescriptionThe TeX Gyre project, following the Latin Modern project, aims at providing a rich collection of diacritical characters in the attempt to cover as many Latin-based scripts as possible. This package provides the OpenType variant of these fonts. For support for TeX and Type 1 (PostScript) fonts, see the tex-gyre package. The TeX-GYRE bundle consists of seven font families: The TeX Gyre Adventor family of fonts is based on the URW Gothic L family (designed by Herb Lubalin and Tom Carnase). The TeX Gyre Bonum family of fonts is based on the URW Bookman L family (designed by Alexander Phemister). The TeX Gyre Chorus font is based on URW Chancery L Medium Italic (designed by Hermann Zapf (ITC Zapf Chancery(R), 1979)). The TeX Gyre Cursor family is based on the URW Nimbus Mono L family (designed by Howard G. (Bud) Kettler in 1955 for the IBM corporation). The TeX Gyre Heros family of fonts is based on the URW Nimbus Sans L (prepared by Max Miedinger, with Eduard Hoffmann). The TeX Gyre Pagella family of fonts is based on the URW Palladio L family (designed by Hermann Zapf). The TeX Gyre Schola family of fonts is based on the URW Century Schoolbook L family (designed by Morris Fuller Benton). The TeX Gyre Termes is based on the URW Nimbus Roman No9 L family (designed by Stanley Morison together with Starling Burgess and Victor Lardent). The constituent 4 standard faces of each family have been greatly extended, and contain nearly 1200 glyphs each. Each family is available in Adobe Type 1 and Open Type formats, and LaTeX support (for use with a variety of encodings) is provided. Vietnamese characters were added by Han The Thanh.
2587 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 20160520-1 (Information last updated about 7 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".