A visualization program for biomolecules
DescriptionGarlic is written for the investigation of membrane proteins. It may be used to visualize other proteins, as well as some geometric objects. This version of garlic recognizes PDB format version 2.1. Garlic may also be used to analyze protein sequences. It only depends on the X libraries, no other libraries are needed. Features include:
- The slab position and thickness are visible in a small window.
- Atomic bonds as well as atoms are treated as independent drawable
- The atomic and bond colors depend on position. Five mapping modes
are available (as for slab).
- Capable to display stereo image.
- Capable to display other geometric objects, like membrane.
- Atomic information is available for atom covered by the mouse
pointer. No click required, just move the mouse pointer over the
- Capable to load more than one structure.
- Capable to draw Ramachandran plot, helical wheel, Venn diagram,
averaged hydrophobicity and hydrophobic moment plot.
- The command prompt is available at the bottom of the main window.
It is able to display one error message and one command string.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".