program for computing with Groebner fans
DescriptionGfan is a software package for computing Groebner fans and tropical varieties. These are polyhedral fans associated to polynomial ideals. The maximal cones of a Groebner fan are in bijection with the marked reduced Groebner bases of its defining ideal. The software computes all marked reduced Groebner bases of an ideal. Their union is a universal Groebner basis. The tropical variety of a polynomial ideal is a certain subcomplex of the Groebner fan. Gfan contains algorithms for computing this complex for general ideals and specialized algorithms for tropical curves, tropical hypersurfaces and tropical varieties of prime ideals. In addition to the above core functions the package contains many tools which are useful in the study of Groebner bases, initial ideals and tropical geometry. Among these are an interactive traversal program for Groebner fans and programs for graphical renderings. For ordinary Groebner basis computations Gfan is not competitive in speed compared to programs such as CoCoA, Singular and Macaulay2.
40 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.5+dfsg-6 (Information last updated about 2 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".