repository of optional extensions for GIMP
DescriptionThe package contains the following plugins:
* DBP (1.1.9): David's Batch Processor
A simple batch processing plugin for The Gimp - it allows
the user to automatically perform operations (such as resize)
on a collection of image files.
* add-filmgrain (2.8): Add Film Grain
Helps adding realistic film grain to BW images.
* btn4ws (0.8.0.1): btn4ws
Generates a series of buttons in three states (passive, active, pressed)
with various selectable effects on them, as well as XHTML, CSS and
* bw-simulation (1.1): Black and White Film Simulation
Converts the selected layer into Black and White using
the channel mixer. Tries to produce results resembling
tonal qualities of film.
* cmyk-tiff-2-pdf (20090321): CMYK Tiff 2 PDF for Gimp
This plugin completes the prepress workflow of using Separate+ to generate
CMYK Tiff images by allowing you to convert the saved CMYK Tiff image into
a PDF file.
* contact-sheet (2.16): Contact Sheet
Generates a contact sheet(s) for a directory of images.
* diana-holga2 (c): Diana-Holga2
Diana/Holga Toys Cameras effect simulator.
* elsamuko: El Samuko GIMP Scripts:
* Antique Photo Border Script:
This script simulates a yellowed and slightly jagged border
like these of old photographies.
* Che Guevara Script:
This script generates a poster like the famous Che Guevara
one from Jim Fitzpatrick.
* Cyanotype Script:
This script simulates the Cyanotype printing process.
* Difference Layer Script
This script generates two difference layers from the two layers
on the top. It's similar to GIMP's built-in Grain Extract/Merge
function, but the tonal range is bigger.
Now you can apply further editing and "switch on/off" the
adjustment by switching the visibility of the subtractive and
the additive layer.
Also you can change the modification intensity by changing the
intensity of these two layers.
* Erosion Sharpen:
Sharpens the image with erosion and dilation.
* Escape Line Script:
This script creates escaping lines from any point. It's similar
in function to the built-in Line-Nova Script, but much more
flexible. So you can chose the center, the thickness, the angle,
the length, the offset and the randomness.
* Film Grain Script:
This is yet another script which simulates the typical film grain
of high ISO pictures.
* First Photo Border Script:
This script simulates the cut-off of the first picture of a film
roll of cheap cameras like Lomo.
* Lomo Script with Old Style Colors
This script simulates the Lomo effect.
* Movie 300 Script:
This script simulates the color style of the movie "300".
* National Geographic Script:
This script simulates a high quality (portrait) photo like
these from the National Geographic.
* Obama "HOPE" Script:
This script generates a poster like the famous Obama "HOPE"
one from Shepard Fairey.
* Rainy Landscape Script:
This script changes a dry landscape to a wet one.
* Photochrom Script:
This script simulates a photochrom image, a lithographic printing
process from the 1890's.
* Sprocket Hole Script:
This script simulates complete exposed 35mm film strips with frame
numbers, lettering, overexposed sprocketholes and DX film edge barcodes.
* Sunny Landscape Script:
This script changes a rainy landscape to a sunny one.
* Technicolor 2 Color Script:
This script simulates the 2 Color Technicolor effect.
* Technicolor 3 Color Script:
This script simulates the 3 Color Technicolor effect.
* Vintage Look Script:
This script simulates a 70s vintage look.
* exposure-blend (1.3b): Exposure Blend
Prompt for 3 images in a bracketed exposure series (e.g. 0,-2,+2 EV)
and blend these into a contrast enhanced image.
* ez-perspective: EZ Perspective:
Specialized tool for easily correcting or changing perspective.
* fix-ca (3.0.2): Fix-CA
Corrects chromatic aberration in photos
* focus-blur (3.2.6): Focus-Blur
This plugin tries to simulate an out-of-focus blur
* gimp-fx-foundry (r111): GIMP FX Foundry
Probably the largest script collection available for The GIMP.
* gimp-mask: GIMP-Mask:
Do and undo several popular image masking (that is, censoring)
methods (CP, FL, Q0, MEKO).
* hdroberts-tone-adjust (May 24, 2010): Warming and Cooling Filters
Warm or cool an image using one of several methods:
Wratten, Roy's Warm, Brauer's Warm, Pasty Cadaveric Look
* layer-effects (4/12/2012): Layer-Effects
This is a series of scripts that implement various layer effects:
Drop Shadow, Inner Shadow, Outer Glow, Inner Glow, Bevel and Emboss,
Satin, Color Overlay, Gradient Overlay, Pattern Overlay, Stroke
* lqr (0.7.1): Liquid Rescale
Content-aware rescaling. Keeps the features of the image while
rescaling along a single direction.
* normalmap (1.2.3): Normalmap
Allows you to convert images into RGB normal maps for use in
per-pixel lighting applications.
* openraster (20110529-1d32622): OpenRaster load/save handler
OpenRaster is an effort by the Create project to offer a standardized
and open interchange format for raster-based applications. This plugin
allows one to load and save files in the OpenRaster format.
* planet-render (1-2): Planet Render
Creates a planet. Color, size and sun orientation
can be set.
* refocus (0.9.1): Refocus
The GIMP plugin to refocus images using FIR Wiener filtering.
During image processing operations such as scanning and scaling, images
tend to get blurry. The blurred impression of these images is due to the
fact that image pixels are averaged with their neighbors. Blurred images
don't have sharp boundaries and look as though they have been taken with
an unfocused camera.
* resynthesizer (2.0): Resynthesizer
Gimp plugin for texture synthesis
This gimp plugin takes samples of textures, and synthesizes larger textures
from them. It can be used to extend textures (including making tileable
textures), remove objects from textures, and make themed images.
* safe-for-web (0.29.0): Save for Web
Allows to experiment with various popular web format options. It shows
an automatically updated preview and file size statistics.
* separate+ (0.5.8): Separate+
Separate+ is a plug-in that generates color separations from an RGB
image, proofs CMYK colors on the monitor and exports the CMYK TIFF file.
* smart-seperate-sharpen (2.8): Smart Seperate Sharpening
This script implements a new version of smart sharpening (redux)
combined with separate sharpen to give better results.
You can find more about Smart Sharpening at
* streak (0.6): Streak-Camera simulation
A streak camera images an object through a slit -
thus getting a "one dimensional image". This image is
propagated along the second dimension of the image plane
at a constant speed. The result is a picture of the time
dependency of the object.
* traditional-orton: Traditional Orton:
This is an effect invented by Michael Orton in the 1990s, which
consists of taking two copies of an image, one blurred, and one sharp,
and mixing them to produce an image with a dreamy quality. It is
especially well suited to landscape and flower photography.
* wavelet-decompose (0.1.2): Wavelet Decompose
The wavelet decompose plugin decomposes a layer of an image into layers
of wavelet scales. This means that you can edit the image on different
detail scales (frequencies). The trivial recomposition of the image can
be done by GIMP's layer modes so you can see the results of your
modifications instantly. Among the applications are retouching, noise
reduction, and enhancing global contrast.
* wavelet-denoise (0.3.1): Wavelet Denoise
The wavelet denoise plugin is a tool to selectively reduce noise in
individual channels of an image with optional RGB<->YCbCr conversion.
It has a user interface to adjust the amount of denoising applied. The
wavelet nature of the algorithm makes the processing quite fast.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".