creates a virtual ethernet between multiple endpoints
DescriptionGVPE creates a virtual ethernet (broadcasts supported, any protocol that works with a normal ethernet should work with GVPE) by creating encrypted host-to-host tunnels between multiple endpoints. Unlike other virtual private "network" solutions which merely create a single tunnel, GVPE creates a real network with multiple endpoints. It is designed to be very simple and robust (cipher selection done at compiletime etc.), and easy to setup (only a single config file shared unmodified between all hosts). VPN hosts can neither sniff nor fake packets, that is, you can use MAC-based filtering to ensure authenticity of packets even from member nodes. GVPE can also be used to tunnel into some vpn network using a variety of protocols (raw IP, UDP, TCP, HTTPS-proxy-connect, ICMP and DNS). It is, however, primarily designed to sit on the gateway machines of company branches to connect them together.
100 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 2.25-2+b2 (Information last updated about 15 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".