powerful and flexible simulator of biological evolution
DescriptionINDELible is a new, portable, and flexible application for biological sequence simulation that combines many features in the same place for the first time. Using a length-dependent model of indel formation it can simulate evolution of multi-partitioned nucleotide, amino-acid, or codon data sets through the processes of insertion, deletion, and substitution in continuous time. Nucleotide simulations may use the general unrestricted model or the general time reversible model and its derivatives, and amino-acid simulations can be conducted using fifteen different empirical rate matrices. Substitution rate heterogeneity can be modelled via the continuous and discrete gamma distributions, with or without a proportion of invariant sites. INDELible can also simulate under non-homogenous and non-stationary conditions where evolutionary models are permitted to change across a phylogeny. Unique among indel simulation programs, INDELible offers the ability to simulate using codon models that exhibit nonsynonymous/synonymous rate ratio heterogeneity among sites and/or lineages.
969 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.03-4 (Information last updated about 13 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".