drawing editor for creating figures in PDF or PS formats
DescriptionIpe supports making small figures for inclusion into LaTeX documents as well as making multi-page PDF presentations Ipe's main features are:
* Entry of text as LaTeX source code. This makes it easy to enter
mathematical expressions, and to reuse the LaTeX-macros of the main
document. In the display text is displayed as it will appear in
* Produces pure Postscript/PDF, including the text. Ipe converts the
LaTeX-source to PDF or Postscript when the file is saved.
* It is easy to align objects with respect to each other (for
instance, to place a point on the intersection of two lines, or to
draw a circle through three given points) using various snapping
* Users can provide ipelets (Ipe plug-ins) to add functionality to
Ipe. This way, Ipe can be extended for each task at hand.
* The text model is based on Unicode, and has been tested with Korean,
Chinese, and Japanese.Package lua5.2 is recommended if using Ipe with LaTeX. Package texlive-latex-recommended enables unicode text entry (for accented characters).
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".