The goals of the kBuild framework:
- Similar behavior cross all supported platforms.
- Flexibility, don't create unnecessary restrictions preventing ad-hoc
- Makefile can very simple to write and maintain.
There are four concepts being tried out in the current kBuild incaration:
- One configuration file for a subtree automatically included.
- Target configuration templates as the primary mechanism for makefile
- Tools and SDKs for helping out the templates with flexibility.
- Non-recursive makefile method by using sub-makefiles.
kBuild does not provide any facilities for checking compiler/library/header
configurations, that's not in its scope. If this is important for your
project, check out the autoconf tool in the GNU build system. It is possible
to use kBuild together with autoconf if you like, but you might just as well
use the full GNU package.
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything. Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on… Install kbuild