Sophisticated command-line FTP/HTTP/BitTorrent client programs
DescriptionLftp is a file retrieving tool that supports FTP, HTTP, FISH, SFTP, HTTPS, FTPS and BitTorrent protocols under both IPv4 and IPv6. Lftp has an amazing set of features, while preserving its interface as simple and easy as possible. The main two advantages over other ftp clients are reliability and ability to perform tasks in background. It will reconnect and reget the file being transferred if the connection broke. You can start a transfer in background and continue browsing on the ftp site. It does this all in one process. When you have started background jobs and feel you are done, you can just exit lftp and it automatically moves to nohup mode and completes the transfers. It has also such nice features as reput and mirror. It can also download a file as soon as possible by using several connections at the same time. Lftp can also be scriptable, it can be used to mirror sites, it lets you copy files among remote servers (even between FTP and HTTP). It has an extensive online help. It supports bookmarks, and connecting to several ftp/http sites at the same time. This package also includes lftpget - A simple non-interactive tool for downloading files.
5853 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 4.8.1-1 (Information last updated about 20 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".