module for manipulating CBOR-formatted data (C/XS-accelerated)
DescriptionCBOR::XS converts Perl data structures to the Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) and vice versa. CBOR is a fast binary serialisation format that aims to use an (almost) superset of the JSON data model, i.e. when you can represent something useful in JSON, you should be able to represent it in CBOR. In short, CBOR is a faster and quite compact binary alternative to JSON, with the added ability of supporting serialisation of Perl objects. (JSON often compresses better than CBOR though, so if you plan to compress the data later and speed is less important you might want to compare both formats first). To give you a general idea about speed, with texts in the megabyte range, CBOR::XS usually encodes roughly twice as fast as Storable or JSON::XS and decodes about 15%-30% faster than those. The shorter the data, the worse Storable performs in comparison.
511 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.71-1+b1 (Information last updated 3 days ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".