Getopt::Tabular is a Perl 5 module for table-driven argument parsing,
vaguely inspired by John Ousterhout's Tk_ParseArgv.
Some nice features of Getopt::Tabular are:
* Command-line arguments are carefully type-checked, both by pattern and
number -- e.g. if an option requires two integers, GetOptions makes sure
that exactly two integers follow it!
* The valid command-line arguments are specified in a data structure
separate from the call to GetOptions; this makes it easier to have very
long lists of options, and to parse options from multiple sources
(e.g. the command line, an environment variable, and a configuration file).
* Getopt::Tabular can intelligently generate help text based on your option
* The type system is extensible, and if you can define your desired argument
type using a single Perl regular expression then it's particularly easy to
* Options can be abbreviated and come in any order.
* A "spoof" mode in which arguments are parsed without side-effects.
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything. Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on… Install libgetopt-tabular-perl