Compressed variant of the Java bitset class
DescriptionThe bit array data structure is implemented in Java as the BitSet class. Unfortunately, this fails to scale without compression. JavaEWAH is a word-aligned compressed variant of the Java bitset class. It uses a 64-bit run-length encoding (RLE) compression scheme. It trades-off some compression for better processing speed. It also has a 32-bit version which compresses better, but is not as fast. In general, the goal of word-aligned compression is not to achieve the best compression, but rather to improve query processing time. Hence, the class tries to save CPU cycles, maybe at the expense of storage. However, the EWAH scheme implemented is always more efficient storage-wise than an uncompressed bitmap as implemented in the BitSet class). Unlike some alternatives, javaewah does not rely on a patented scheme.
757 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.7.9-1 (Information last updated 6 days ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".