small XML parser, designed for small environments
DescriptionkXML is a small XML pull parser, specially designed for constrained environments such as Applets, Personal Java or MIDP devices. In contrast to kXML 1, kXML 2 is based on the common XML pull API. Pull based XML parsing combines some of the advantages of SAX and DOM:
- In contrast to push parsers (SAX), pull parsers such as kXML make it
possible to model the XML processing routines after the structure of
the processed XML document. Events processing is similar to an
InputStream. If a part of the stream requires special handling, the
parser can simply be delegated to a specialized method by handing over
- While the above is also possible with an explicit DOM, DOM usually
requires that the whole document structure is present in main memory.
- In contrast to DOM based parsing, the XML events are accessible
immediately when they are available, it is not necessary to wait for
the whole tree to build up.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".