Perl module implementing the TT800 algorithm
DescriptionMath::Random::TT800 provides an implementation of Makoto Matsumoto and Takuji Nishimura's pseudorandom number generator (PRNG) algorithm called TT800. It is similar to some other fantastic PRNG algorithms such as the Mersenne Twister (see libmath-random-mt-perl) and ISAAC (see libmath-random-isaac-perl). This particular implementation is particularly notable because it has no external dependencies aside from Perl itself. The algorithm itself is described in Matsumoto's article published in ACM Transactions on Modelling and Computer Simulation, Volume 4, Issue 3, 1994, pages 254-266. This algorithm is similar to the Mersenne Twister algorithm but uses a smaller array to hold state information (25 elements compared to MT's 624). Consequently, the period is much smaller - 2^800-1 versus MT's 2^19937-1. The period of ISAAC is 2^8295 values on average.
738 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.01-3+b7 (Information last updated 43 minutes ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".