nss module providing fallback resolution for the current hostname
DescriptionThis package contains a plugin for the Name Service Switch, providing host name resolution for the locally configured system hostname as returned by gethostname(2). It returns all locally configured public IP addresses or -- if none are configured, the IPv4 address 127.0.1.1 (which is on the local loopback) and the IPv6 address ::1 (which is the local host). A lot of software relies on that the local host name is resolvable. This package provides an alternative to the fragile and error-prone manual editing of /etc/hosts. Installing this package automatically adds myhostname to /etc/nsswitch.conf.
2104 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 235-3 (Information last updated about 6 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".