module implementing getaddrinfo and getnameinfo
DescriptionSocket::GetAddrInfo provides a Perl implementation of the getaddrinfo and getnameinfo functions as described in RFC 2553. These functions are useful for converting between a pair of host name/service name and socket addresses, or vice versa. This module uses underlying C code to do most of the work if possible, but can also fall back on some mostly-compatible emulation code written in Perl. This means that this module is a fairly portable implementation of these functions. As of Perl version 5.14.0, Perl already supports `getaddrinfo' in core. On such a system, this module simply uses the functions provided by `Socket', and does not need to use its own compiled XS, or pure-perl legacy emulation. As `Socket' in core now provides all the functions also provided by this module, it is likely this may be the last released version of this module. And code currently using this module would be advised to switch to using core `Socket' instead.
1392 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.22-3 (Information last updated 3 days ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".