scientific visualization package for 2-D and 3-D data
DescriptionMayaVi2 is a cross-platform tool for 2-D and 3-D scientific data visualization. Its features include:
* Visualization of scalar, vector and tensor data in 2 and 3 dimensions
* Easy scriptability using Python
* Easy extendability via custom sources, modules, and data filters
* Reading several file formats: VTK (legacy and XML), PLOT3D, etc.
* Saving of visualizations
* Saving rendered visualization in a variety of image formats.MayaVi2 has been designed with scriptability and extensibility in mind. While the mayavi2 application is usable by itself, it may be used as an Envisage plugin which allows it to be embedded in user applications natively. Alternatively, it may be used as a visualization engine for any application. This package also provides TVTK, which wraps VTK objects to provide a convenient, Pythonic API, while supporting Traits attributes and NumPy/SciPy arrays. TVTK is implemented mostly in pure Python, except for a small extension module.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".