MayaVi2 is a cross-platform tool for 2-D and 3-D scientific data
visualization. Its features include:
* Visualization of scalar, vector and tensor data in 2 and 3 dimensions
* Easy scriptability using Python
* Easy extendability via custom sources, modules, and data filters
* Reading several file formats: VTK (legacy and XML), PLOT3D, etc.
* Saving of visualizations
* Saving rendered visualization in a variety of image formats.
MayaVi2 has been designed with scriptability and extensibility in
mind. While the mayavi2 application is usable by itself, it may be
used as an Envisage plugin which allows it to be embedded in user
applications natively. Alternatively, it may be used as a
visualization engine for any application.
This package also provides TVTK, which wraps VTK objects to provide a
convenient, Pythonic API, while supporting Traits attributes and
NumPy/SciPy arrays. TVTK is implemented mostly in pure Python, except
for a small extension module.
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything. Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on… Install mayavi2