Meep (or MEEP) is a free finite-difference time-domain (FDTD) simulation
software package developed at MIT to model electromagnetic systems.
Its features include:
* Simulation in 1d, 2d, 3d, and cylindrical coordinates.
* Distributed memory parallelism on any system supporting the MPI standard.
* Dispersive (including loss/gain) and nonlinear (Kerr & Pockels) materials.
Magnetic permeability and electric/magnetic conductivities.
* PML absorbing boundaries and/or perfect conductor and/or Bloch-periodic
* Exploitation of symmetries to reduce the computation size .
even/odd mirror symmetries and 90/180 degree rotations.
* Complete scriptability - either via a Scheme scripting front-end
(as in libctl and MPB), or callable as a C++ library.
* Field output in the HDF5 standard scientific data format, supported by
many visualization tools.
* Arbitrary material and source distributions.
* Field analyses including flux spectra, frequency extraction, and energy
integrals; completely programmable.
* Multi-parameter optimization, root-finding, integration, etcetera
This package contains the LAM4 version of the software.
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything. Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on… Install meep-lam4