Create a branded static site from a set of Markdown files to host the
documentation of your Open Source or commercial project – customizable,
searchable, mobile-friendly, 40+ languages. Set up in 5 minutes.
* It's just Markdown — write your technical documentation in plain Markdown –
heavy lifting and convert your writing to a beautiful and functional
* Responsive by design — built from the ground up to work on all sorts of
devices – from mobile phones to widescreens. The underlying fluid layout
will always adapt perfectly to the available screen space.
* Static, yet searchable — almost magically, your technical documentation
website will be searchable without any further ado. Material for MkDocs
comes with built-in search – no server needed – that will instantly answer
your users' queries.
* Many configuration options — change the color palette, font families,
language, icons, favicon and logo. Add a source repository link, links to
your social profiles, Google Analytics and Disqus - all with a few lines of
* Truly international — thanks to many contributors, Material for MkDocs
includes translations for more than 40 languages and offers full native RTL
uright-to-left) support for languages such as Arabic, Persian (Farsi) and
* Accessible — Material for MkDocs provides extensible keyboard navigation
and semantic markup including role attributes and landmarks. Furthermore,
the layout is entirely based on rem values, respecting the user's default
* Beyond GitHub Markdown — integrates natively with Python Markdown
Extensions, offering additional elements like callouts, tabbed content
containers, mathematical formulas, critic markup, task lists, and emojis.
* Modern architecture — Material for MkDocs's underlying codebase is built
with TypeScript, RxJS, and SCSS, and is compiled with Webpack, bringing
excellent possibilities for theme extension and customization.
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything. Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on… Install mkdocs-material