Nagios plugin check_logfiles
Descriptioncheck_logfiles: Plugin for Nagios which scans log files for specific patterns. Features:
- Detection of rotations - usually nightly logfiles are rotated and
compressed. Each operating system or company has it’s own naming
scheme. If this rotation is done between two runs of check_logfiles
also the rotated archive has to be scanned to avoid gaps. The most
common rotation schemes are predefined but you can describe any
strategy (shortly: where and under which name is a logfile
- More than one pattern can be defined which again can be classified
as warning patterns and critical patterns.
- Triggered actions - Usually nagios plugins return just an exit code
and a line of text, describing the result of the check. Sometimes,
however, you want to run some code during the scan every time you
got a hit. Check_logfiles lets you call scripts either after every
hit or at the beginning or the end of it’s runtime.
- Exceptions - If a pattern matches, the matched line could be a very
special case which should not be counted as an error. You can
define exception patterns which are more specific versions of your
critical/warning patterns. Such a match would then cancel an alert.
- Thresholds - You can define the number of matching lines which are
necessary to activate an alert.
- Protocol - The matching lines can be written to a protocol file the
name of which will be included in the plugin’s output.
- Macros - Pattern definitions and logfile names may contain macros,
which are resolved at runtime.
- Performance data - The number of lines scanned and the number of
warnings/criticals is output.
- Windows - The plugin works with Unix as well as with Windows
(e.g. with ActiveState Perl).
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything.Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on…Install monitoring-plugins-check-logfiles