high-performance MySQL tuning script
DescriptionHigh-performance MySQL tuning script written in perl that will provide you with a snapshot of a MySQL server?s health. Based on the statistics gathered, specific recommendations will be provided that will increase a MySQL server's efficiency and performance. The script gives you automated MySQL tuning that is on the level of what you would receive from a MySQL DBA. Features:
* Memory Usage: Calculates MySQL memory usage at max load and makes
recommendations for increasing or decreasing the MySQL memory
footprint. Per-thread and server-wide buffer data is calculated
separately for an accurate snapshot of the server?s configuration.
* Slow Queries: Reviews the amount of slow queries relative to the
total queries. Slow query time limits are also analyzed and
recommendations are made.
* Connections: Current and historical connection counts are
* Key Buffer: Takes configuration data and compares it to the actual
indexes found in MyISAM tables. Key cache hit rates are calculated
and variable adjustments are suggested.
* Query Cache: Query cache hit rates and usage percentages are used
to make recommendations for the query cache configuration
* Sorting & Joins: Per-thread buffers that affect sorts and joins
are reviewed along with the statistics from the queries run
against the server.
* Temporary Tables: Variable recommendations are made to reduce
temporary tables that are written to the disk.
* Table Cache: Compares total tables opened to the currently open
tables. Calculates the table cache hit rate in order to make
* Open Files: Determines if the server will approach or run into the
open file limit set by the operating system or the MySQL server
* Table Locks: Finds table locking that forces queries to wait and
makes suggestions for reducing locks that require a wait.
* Thread Cache: Calculates how many times MySQL must create a new
thread to respond to a query.
* Aborted Connections: Finds applications that are not closing
connections to MySQL properly.
* Read/Write Ratios: Calculates the percentage of read and write
operations on your MySQL installation.
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything.Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on…Install mysqltuner