Mapnik to image export
DescriptionNik4 is a mapnik-to-image exporting script using the Mapnik Python bindings. Nik4 takes great care to preserve values you feed it. If you say you need a 800x600 image, it won't take a pixel less or more. It won't shrink a bounding box or distort lines when specifying so called "scale factor". When you need a 300 dpi image, you tell it --ppi 300 and can be sure you will get what you intended. Also it can use real-world units, that is, millimeters (and prefers to). Specify dimensions for printing, choose bounding box and ppi scale - and the result won't disappoint. Options are intuitive and plenty, and you will be amazed how much tasks became simpler with Nik4.
722 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.6-6 (Information last updated about 9 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".