spreadsheet-like graphical image manipulation tool
Descriptionnip2 is a graphical front end to the VIPS package. VIPS is an image processing system designed with efficiency in mind. It is good with large images (ones that larger than the amount of RAM in your machine), and for working with colour. It can perform many image manipulation tasks much faster than other packages such as ImageMagick and the GIMP and includes some special features such as creating single "mosaic" images from multiple parts. VIPS consists of two main components: an image processing library with some command-line tools and a spreadsheet-like graphical user interface. This package supplies the graphical interface. With nip2, rather than directly editing images, you build relationships between objects in a spreadsheet-like fashion. When you make a change somewhere, nip2 recalculates the objects affected by that change. Since it is demand-driven this update is very fast, even for very, very large images. nip2 is very good at creating pipelines of image manipulation operations. It is not very good for image editing tasks like touching up photographs. For that, a tool like the GIMP should be used instead.
14789 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 8.4.0-1+b2 (Information last updated about 12 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".