Chemical toolbox utilities (cli)
DescriptionOpen Babel is a chemical toolbox designed to speak the many languages of chemical data. It allows one to search, convert, analyze, or store data from molecular modeling, chemistry, solid-state materials, biochemistry, or related areas. Features include:
* Hydrogen addition and deletion
* Support for Molecular Mechanics
* Support for SMARTS molecular matching syntax
* Automatic feature perception (rings, bonds, hybridization, aromaticity)
* Flexible atom typer and perception of multiple bonds from atomic coordinates
* Gasteiger-Marsili partial charge calculationFile formats Open Babel supports include PDB, XYZ, CIF, CML, SMILES, MDL Molfile, ChemDraw, Gaussian, GAMESS, MOPAC and MPQC. This package includes the following utilities:
* babel: Convert between various chemical file formats
* obenergy: Calculate the energy for a molecule
* obminimize: Optimize the geometry, minimize the energy for a molecule
* obgrep: Molecular search program using SMARTS pattern
* obgen: Generate 3D coordinates for a molecule
* obprop: Print standard molecular properties
* obfit: Superimpose two molecules based on a pattern
* obrotamer: Generate conformer/rotamer coordinates
* obconformer: Generate low-energy conformers
* obchiral: Print molecular chirality information
* obrotate: Rotate dihedral angle of molecules in batch mode
* obprobe: Create electrostatic probe grid
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".