Preparation of protein structures for electrostatics calculations
DescriptionPDB2PQR is a Python software package that automates many of the common tasks of preparing structures for continuum electrostatics calculations. It thus provides a platform-independent utility for converting protein files in PDB format to PQR format. These tasks include:
* Adding a limited number of missing heavy atoms to biomolecular structures
* Determining side-chain pKas
* Placing missing hydrogens
* Optimizing the protein for favorable hydrogen bonding
* Assigning charge and radius parameters from a variety of force fieldsThis package also includes PropKa, a tool to modify the protonation state of protein structures in the Protein Data Bank (PDB) format to match a given pKa value. It can also be used to refine NMR structures, which often yield inaccurate pKa values for some residues.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".