Executing commands in parallel
DescriptionThe main purpose of pexec is to execute the given command in parallel on the local host or on remote hosts, while some of the execution parameters, namely the redirected standard input, output or error and environmental variables can be varied. The capabilities of the program are extended with additional features, such as allowing to define mutual exclusions, do atomic command executions and implement higher level resource and job control. The maximum number of simultaneous tasks can be controlled by a hypervisor daemon: with such a daemon, concurrent pexec instances can be launched without an unexpectedly high load.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".