various packaging tools and scripts for KDE Applications
DescriptionThis package contains a variety of packaging tools and build scripts that may be very useful when packaging KDE applications. Even if you are a maintainer of a very small KDE application, this package should be worthwhile checking out. Main highlights:
- recommended build flags for building packages based on the KDE Platform;
- cdbs class for building packages based on the KDE Platform (kde.mk);
- debhelper build system (--buildsystem=kde) and dh addon (--with kde) for
building packages based on the KDE Platform;
- dh_sameversiondep for generating a dependency that is versioned the same
way as a dependency (coming from the same source) of another reference
- dh_movelibkdeinit for moving libkdeinit4_*.so libraries to private
- dh_sodeps (and sodeps dh addon) for generating so:Depends substvar for -dev
packages based to which local packages lib*.so symlinks point to;
- pkgkde-symbolshelper tool for efficient management of C and C++ symbol
- pkgkde-debs2symbols tool for generating symbol files and symbol file
patches from pre-built binaries in the deb packages;
- pkgkde-getbuildlogs tool for downloading build logs for the specified
package (from buildd.debian.org);
- pkgkde-override-sc-dev-latest tool for overriding Breaks of the
- pkgkde-vcs tool for performing common tasks when packaging under VCS.NOTE: since this package is cumulative, it does not depend on the packages it provides helpers for. I.e. you still need to explicitly build depend on debhelper or cdbs in your packages.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".