Plain Old Documentation to Portable Document Format converter
DescriptionPOD allows for the documentation of Perl code. But with a few tricks, e.g., when disguised as comments, it is applicable to many other languages, too. It resembles HTML in the way that it allows for the structured representation of text. Hence, it looks rather good when converted for printers, HTML or man pages. This package represents more than a mere alternative to pod2man|groff -man to achieve a coversion from POD to PostScript and from there via ps2pdf to PDF. Its major advantage lies in the inclusion of images for the documentation. This renders POD suitable for many smallish projects as a lingua franca for their documentation - associated with the source and separate documents - so texts (and graphics) can be shared more easily between documenters and programmers.
1696 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.42-5 (Information last updated about 18 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".