PredictProtein popularity contest
DescriptionThe pp-popularity-contest package sets up a cron job that periodically submits the developers anonymous statistics on the usage of Rost Lab prediction methods installed on this system. The installation of this package is completely voluntary (though recommended): there is no difference in the performance or functionality of the prediction methods. The information gathered helps making decisions like which packages should receive higher priority when fixing bugs or receive additional resources for further development and support. This information is also very important when the Rost Lab applies for funding. Traditionally, these prediction methods are made available on the PredictProtein website, granting perfect statistics. The distribution as part of the Debian+Ubuntu Linux distributions shall increase the user base and allow for additional workflows to serve the scientific community better. Still, this is an experiment. It is only the statistics gathered through this package that grants a justification to the group and its funding agencies for the additional investments needed for this distribution channel and the potential drop in the usage of the PredictProtein website.
1170 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.0.6-4+b1 (Information last updated 7 days ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".