Probabilistic Alignment Kit for DNA, codon and amino-acid sequences
DescriptionPRANK is a probabilistic multiple alignment program for DNA, codon and amino-acid sequences. It's based on a novel algorithm that treats insertions correctly and avoids over-estimation of the number of deletion events. In addition, PRANK borrows ideas from maximum likelihood methods used in phylogenetics and correctly takes into account the evolutionary distances between sequences. Lastly, PRANK allows for defining a potential structure for sequences to be aligned and then, simultaneously with the alignment, predicts the locations of structural units in the sequences. PRANK is a command-line program for UNIX-style environments but the same sequence alignment engine is implemented in the graphical program PRANKSTER. In addition to providing a user-friendly interface to those not familiar with Unix systems, PRANKSTER is an alignment browser for alignments saved in the HSAML format. The novel format allows for storing all the information generated by the aligner and the alignment browser is a convenient way to analyse and manipulate the data. PRANK aims at an evolutionarily correct sequence alignment and often the result looks different from ones generated with other alignment methods. There are, however, cases where the different look is caused by violations of the method's assumptions. To understand why things may go wrong and how to avoid that, read this explanation of differences between PRANK and traditional progressive alignment methods.
1731 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.0.170427+dfsg-2 (Information last updated 1 day ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".