multiple genome alignment algorithms
DescriptionThe mauveAligner and progressiveMauve alignment algorithms have been implemented as command-line programs included with the downloadable Mauve software. When run from the command-line, these programs provide options not yet available in the graphical interface. Mauve is a system for efficiently constructing multiple genome alignments in the presence of large-scale evolutionary events such as rearrangement and inversion. Multiple genome alignment provides a basis for research into comparative genomics and the study of evolutionary dynamics. Aligning whole genomes is a fundamentally different problem than aligning short sequences. Mauve has been developed with the idea that a multiple genome aligner should require only modest computational resources. It employs algorithmic techniques that scale well in the amount of sequence being aligned. For example, a pair of Y. pestis genomes can be aligned in under a minute, while a group of 9 divergent Enterobacterial genomes can be aligned in a few hours. Mauve computes and interactively visualizes genome sequence comparisons. Using FastA or GenBank sequence data, Mauve constructs multiple genome alignments that identify large-scale rearrangement, gene gain, gene loss, indels, and nucleotide substutition. Mauve is developed at the University of Wisconsin.
1754 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.2.0+4713+dfsg-5 (Information last updated about 1 hour ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".