selection of best-fit models of protein evolution
DescriptionPROTTEST (ModelTest's relative) is a program for selecting the model of protein evolution that best fits a given set of sequences (alignment). This java program is based on the Phyml program (for maximum likelihood calculations and optimization of parameters) and uses the PAL library as well. Models included are empirical substitution matrices (such as WAG, LG, mtREV, Dayhoff, DCMut, JTT, VT, Blosum62, CpREV, RtREV, MtMam, MtArt, HIVb, and HIVw) that indicate relative rates of amino acid replacement, and specific improvements (+I:invariable sites, +G: rate heterogeneity among sites, +F: observed amino acid frequencies) to account for the evolutionary constraints impossed by conservation of protein structure and function. ProtTest uses the Akaike Information Criterion (AIC) and other statistics (AICc and BIC) to find which of the candidate models best fits the data at hand.
1039 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 3.4.2+dfsg-3 (Information last updated 2 days ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".