Blessed is a thin, practical wrapper around terminal capabilities in
Python. It provides:
* Styles, color, and maybe a little positioning without necessarily
clearing the whole screen first.
* Works great with standard Python string formatting.
* Provides up-to-the-moment terminal height and width, so you can
respond to terminal size changes.
* Avoids making a mess if the output gets piped to a non-terminal:
outputs to any file-like object such as StringIO, files, or pipes.
* Uses the terminfo(5) database so it works with any terminal type and
supports any terminal capability: No more C-like calls to tigetstr
* Keeps a minimum of internal state, so you can feel free to mix and
match with calls to curses or whatever other terminal libraries you
* Provides plenty of context managers to safely express terminal modes,
automatically restoring the terminal to a safe state on exit.
* Act intelligently when somebody redirects your output to a file,
omitting all of the terminal sequences such as styling, colors, or
positioning. Dead-simple keyboard handling: safely decoding unicode
input in your system's preferred locale and supports
* Allows the printable length of strings containing sequences to be
This package installs the library for Python 2.
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything. Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on… Install python-blessed