Pooch manages a data registry by downloading your data files
from a server only when needed and storing them locally in a data
cache (a folder on your computer).
Pooch's main features:
* Pure Python and minimal dependencies.
* Download a file only if necessary (it's not in the data cache or
needs to be updated).
* Verify download integrity through SHA256 hashes (also used to check
if a file needs to be updated).
* Designed to be extended: plug in custom download (FTP, scp, etc)
and post-processing (unzip, decompress, rename) functions.
* Includes utilities to unzip/decompress the data upon download to
save loading time.
* Can handle basic HTTP authentication (for servers that require a
login) and printing download progress bars.
* Easily set up an environment variable to overwrite the data cache
* Automatically download your data files so you don't have to keep
them in your GitHub repository.
* Make sure everyone running the code has the same version of the
data files (enforced through the SHA256 hashes).
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything. Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on… Install python3-pooch